Online auto insurance quotes require a little research and comparison to find the best possible rates for your needs. When comparing quotes, it’s a good idea to ask questions and find out as much information as possible from each auto insurance agent. Don’t accept the first insurance deal you find, but shop around to get an idea of what’s available.
Assess your personal needs before obtaining auto insurance quotes online, and especially before contacting agents. Consider the amount you can afford, the type of coverage needed (and how much coverage), the type of payment plan to meet your budget (yearly, quarterly, or monthly), and who will drive the vehicle.
Make a list of these details before shopping for car insurance quotes online. If possible, obtain a copy of your driver’s record and your current car insurance policy (if you already have car insurance and need to switch to a different agency). It’s also a good idea to have the following handy: car registration, a list of possible car insurance discounts for which you qualify, and exact car mileage. You might also want to have a credit card or check ready in case you need to make a deposit once you find the right auto insurance policy for you.
Crucial Questions to Ask Auto Insurance Agents
After you’ve obtained general car insurance quotes online, it’s time to ask these crucial questions so you can narrow your options. But even before you contact agents, study all the types of coverage and terminology so you’ll have an understanding of how car insurance works. The more you know, then the easier it will be to choose an auto insurance policy.
1. What car insurance coverage do you offer?
2. Do you offer lower quotes when choosing a higher deductible?
3. Do you offer auto insurance discounts if I’ve taken a driver’s course, have a safe driving record, or if I insure my home with your company as well?
4. Do you offer discounts for car safety features such as special airbags, anti-lock brakes, etc.?
5. Will my premium decrease in time if I pay my insurance premium faithfully and keep a clean driving record?
6. What if my payment is late or I miss a payment?
7. Is it easy to add other vehicles to my policy?
8. What are your payment plan options?
9. If single… what if I get married? Will my premium be reduced?
10. Does the policy cover every driver in my household?
11. How much do you charge for teen auto insurance coverage?
12. Will you give me an exact online auto insurance quote if I provide my personal driving record details and information about my automobile?
Once you have the answers to these questions from several possible auto insurance agencies, compare the information to find the policy and premium amount to fit your needs. Obtaining several exact auto insurance quotes online (using questions such as these) can save you hundreds of dollars each year!